Search This Blog

Sunday 27 May 2012

Beronia Gran Reserva 2004


So my blog has been really slacking lately.  Sorry to those loyal readers that are hoping for more regular posts J

Unfortunately my day job prevents me from keeping this up. Spring is my craziest time making signs and therefore I need to take a break here and there to do actual work. J I am still drinking lots of wine but unfortunately only time to make ‘mico blogs’ aka tweets, about them.

Here is my attempt at getting back into the real blogging!



Beronia Gran Reserva 2004

SKU: 200782 | 6 per Case


 This wine is a wonderful example of how time can play such a role in wine development.

Gran reserva wines in Rioja require a minimum of 60 months of aging (24 of it in oak).

This is certainly evident when you first open the wine and smell notes of oak and cedar coming through quite predominantly. Given an aggressive decant or time in the glass you will begin to notice the fruit coming through. Dark earth gives way to dried cherries and plums. Cedar turns to blackcurrant leaf. Vanilla beans follow. Silky (medium) tannins and mouth-watering (medium+) acidity balance out this rich (medium+) body wine.

Still a bit young for my drinking style with a few hours of decanting this wine is very apt to develop into a beautiful evening J Drink now till 2017

Available in Edmonton at Vines of Riverbend –

 (780) 434-9444   -2331 RABBIT HILL ROAD NW